Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Review: Under The Never Sky (Veronica Rossi)


Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1)
Since she'd been on the outside, she'd survived an Aether storm, she'd had a knife held to her throat, and she'd seen men murdered. This was worse.

Exiled from her home, the enclosed city of Reverie, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland - known as The Death Shop - are slim. If the cannibals don't get her, the violent, electrified energy storms will. She's been taught that the very air she breathes can kill her. Then Aria meets an Outsider named Perry. He's wild - a savage - and her only hope of staying alive.

A hunter for his tribe in a merciless landscape, Perry views Aria as sheltered and fragile - everything he would expect from a Dweller. But he needs Aria's help too; she alone holds the key to his redemption. Opposites in nearly every way, Aria and Perry must accept each other to survive. Their unlikely alliance forges a bond that will determine the fate of all who live under the never sky.....

My Review:


 

WOW...What can I say? What a fascinating book. For months I have read reviews and debated on when to start this. It sounded like more of a sci-fi book which kinda put me on hold for a little while but finally I opened it. and WOW...I immediately fell in love. The main character Aria was wonderful. She suffered and she overcame and i loved every minute. Perry was incredible. He is strong, determined, and resilient and makes for a perfect hero for this story. The world building was incredible. The aether storms were powerful and scary and fit the world perfectly. All the characters had their own "special" meaning and I loved learning all their quirks. I will admit that Cinder was a surprising favorite of mine. He made you wonder and made you think and I wanted to turn the pages faster just to see what would happen next with his story. This book is just incredible from beginning to end and the love story fascinating. I cannot wait to start the second book in the series to see where all my characters end up.....
                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment