Born in shame. Cast from society. Shape Shifter/Elf hybrid, Forest must fight for any respect she can get. Targeted in her youth by a vampire noble who placed an illegal slave mark on her, she is forced to obey him, no matter what.
Slipping the grip of her master and abandoning the prejudice of Regia, her native world, Forest takes a job on Earth, guarding the portal, using her skills as a warrior to enforce Regia's laws. Now, called home for a black ops mission, Forest must put aside her own prejudice to transport the vampire prince, Syrus, through enemy territory in a time of war.
Prince Syrus, mage and master of the Blood Kata, wants Forest more than he's ever wanted anything. In spite of their mutual mistrust, their attraction cannot be denied. Through the danger of their mission, and the secrets they both keep, it doesn't matter what they feel. Forest is forbidden.
Title: The Legends of Regia: Forbidden Forest
Author: Tenaya Jayne
Genre: YA Fantasy Romance
Hello. My name's Tenaya Jayne and I'm an addict. I mean author. When I was growing up, writing was just something I played at from time to time. I knew I wanted to be a writer, but I was one of those people who could never finish anything. When my eldest son was diagnosed with Autism, I began to write seriously. Writing became a necessity for me in the midst of my heartbreak. It was either that or take up drinking. I 'm thankful I chose writing as my escape because I discovered it truly is my thing. I want to be swept away when I read. That's what I want my books to do for you.The main goal of my writing is to entertain you. I want to help you escape everyday life for a little while. I hope you enjoy my stories as much as I enjoy sharing them with you! I have a wonderful husband and two beautiful sons. I'm an advocate for Autism awareness, and women trapped in abusive relationships. I try to always look on the bright side and help others do so too. I've lived many places but I currently reside in Missouri. I love reading, indie and foreign films, gardening, and moody music.
1. What gave you the inspiration to write this book? Inspiration came one evening while I was listening to music and the scene where Forest and Syrus spar in the garden fell into my head. I just had to build a story around it.
2. Who is your favorite character in the book? Tough call but I'd have to say Syrus.
3. Which came first, the title or the novel? The novel. The title came about halfway through the writing.
4. What scene in the book are you most proud of, and why? That's a hard question. I think maybe the scene where Forest and Syrus reach the heart of the wood. It took me a while to fully imagine what that looked and felt like for my characters.
5. Thinking way back to the beginning, what’s the most important thing you’ve learned as a writer from then to now? Being a writer is an extremely personal journey. I've learned to trust my instincts.
6. What do you like most about the cover of the book? I love all of it!
7. What new release book are you looking most forward to in 2013? I don't have a book I'm really salivating for right now. My TBR list is full of older books at the moment.
9. What’s up next for you? I'm finishing up Forest Fire for its summer release.
10. Is there anything that you would like to add? Just a great big thank you! Thank you for having me on your blog and thank you to all the readers who give Forbidden Forest a shot.