Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Review: The Body Finder (Kimberly Derting)



Violet Ambrose is grappling with two major issues: Jay Heaton and her morbid secret ability. While the sixteen-year-old is confused by her new feelings for her best friend since childhood, she is more disturbed by her "power" to sense dead bodies—or at least those that have been murdered. Since she was a little girl, she has felt the echoes that the dead leave behind in the world... and the imprints that attach to their killers.
Violet has never considered her strange talent to be a gift; it mostly just led her to find the dead birds her cat had tired of playing with. But now that a serial killer has begun terrorizing her small town, and the echoes of the local girls he's claimed haunt her daily, she realizes she might be the only person who can stop him.
Despite his fierce protectiveness over her, Jay reluctantly agrees to help Violet on her quest to find the murderer—and Violet is unnerved to find herself hoping that Jay's intentions are much more than friendly. But even as she's falling intensely in love, Violet is getting closer and closer to discovering a killer... and becoming his prey herself.


Where do I start with this? This book and this series is one of my alllll time favorites!! I read the entire series several months ago and LOVED each and every book. The main character Violet is completely lovable. I love that she has this special "gift." She faces so many trials and tribulations because of her gift and I love all of it. Her character and her love interest, Jay, are both fascinating. I love the fact that they start out as best friends and then "discover" love. The fact that the author realizes that this is usually what happens in real life made the story so much more believable. The suspense of this story is amazing. I loved the creepy feel of it. It kept you into the story and unable to wait to see what is going to happen next..I turned pages well into the night. Since I have read all of the series except the new one about to come out...I will not give away too many details for fear of spoilers but I will tell you that the story, the plot, the love interest, and the characters are ALL wonderful. Each time she releases a new book in this series..I have it pre-ordered and put anything down that I am reading in order to start it. I cant wait to see what happens next with Jay and Violet....This is a MUST read series!!




Here are the other books in the series:








Kimberly is the author of the BODY FINDER series (HarperCollins) and THE PLEDGE trilogy (Simon & Schuster). She lives in the Pacific Northwest, the ideal place to write anything dark or creepy...a gloomy day can set the perfect mood. She lives with her husband and their three beautiful (and often mouthy) children who provide an endless source of inspiration.




1 comment:

  1. I have to start this series! Thanks for your amazing review.

    ReplyDelete