Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Review: The Hunt by Andrew Fukuda





Don’t Sweat.  Don’t Laugh.  Don’t draw attention to yourself.  And most of all, whatever you do, do not fall in love with one of them.

Gene is different from everyone else around him.  He can’t run with lightning speed, sunlight doesn’t hurt him and he doesn’t have an unquenchable lust for blood.  Gene is a human, and he knows the rules.  Keep the truth a secret.  It’s the only way to stay alive in a world of night—a world where humans are considered a delicacy and hunted for their blood.

When he’s chosen for a once in a lifetime opportunity to hunt the last remaining humans, Gene’s carefully constructed life begins to crumble around him.  He’s thrust into the path of a girl who makes him feel things he never thought possible—and into a ruthless pack of hunters whose suspicions about his true nature are growing. Now that Gene has finally found something worth fighting for, his need to survive is stronger than ever—but is it worth the cost of his humanity?



WOW...Where do I start with this one?  I have been told over and over I needed to read it but for some reason it just continued to sit on my shelf....hmm..BIG mistake. I began this book on the 2nd to last day of the year and finished it on January 1. So this book will go in my FAVORITES for 2012 & 2013!!!!I LOVED this book from the first pages. If you loved The Hunger Games and also love vampires then this is a MUST read. It is such a totally different book than anything I have ever read. I usually like to read books from a female point of view but I adapted to Gene so quickly it was really effortless. His character has such a deep will to survive and you cant help but "root" for him. I love the twists and turns in the story as well. I wont give anything away but I can say that at one point I was shocked...I did NOT see a character appearing that I should have from the get go! WOW! The book is written as if vampires are the leaders of the world and "hepers" also known as humans are the prey. There are very few hepers in existence and those that are are placed into a "Hunt" once every ten or so years to engage the vampire population and raise popularity for their Ruler. I loved the hepers instantly and began to root for them as well as Gene....All I can say is that you MUST read this for yourself. I turned pages well into the night...I literally could not put it down...ACTION PACKED but some parts do get a little squeamish...I mean we are dealing with VAMPIRES here!! ALL in all 5 stars for this one! and I literally cannot wait till January 31st when The Prey comes out!!!! 



                                             
The Hunt | [Andrew Fukuda]
I cant tell you how much I enjoyed this book. So when I was contacted my McMillian Audio and asked if I would like a Audio Clip of The Hunt...I literally JUMPED!!! So I would like to share this clip with all my readers and fellow bloggers! Enjoy!! 



                                                           

7 comments:

  1. Great review Beth. Glad you enjoyed this one so much. You definitely have me considering it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more - a total page turner and one of those books that you read and don't realise how long you've been captivated until the dawn starts peeking through the curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Paranormal Book Fan!!! It really was a great read! I liked the different perspective it had!
    and Luce---it really did captivate me! I cant wait to read The Prey!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd never heard of this book before I read your review, but now I think I'm going to have to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I'm gonna send a friend request on goodreads! :P
      ~ Ruby @ http://feedmebooksnow.blogspot.co.uk

      Delete
  5. Wow! Amazing review. I am in the same situation as you were. I have heard amazing things and just have not picked it up. I will have to just do it! Thanks for the reminder and recommendation.

    ReplyDelete