Saturday, July 13, 2013

5 Star Review: Crown Of Midnight (Sarah J. Maas)

Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2)Hardcover, 417 pages
Expected publication: August 27th 2013 by Bloomsbury USA Childrens



An assassin’s loyalties are always in doubt.But her heart never wavers.
After a year of hard labor in the Salt Mines of Endovier, eighteen-year-old assassin Celaena Sardothien has won the king's contest to become the new royal assassin. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown – a secret she hides from even her most intimate confidantes.
Keeping up the deadly charade—while pretending to do the king's bidding—will test her in frightening new ways, especially when she's given a task that could jeopardize everything she's come to care for. And there are far more dangerous forces gathering on the horizon -- forces that threaten to destroy her entire world, and will surely force Celaena to make a choice.

Where do the assassin’s loyalties lie, and who is she most willing to fight for?

Pre-Order & Purchase Links:


Sarah J. Maas

Sarah J. Maas lives in Southern California, and over the years, she has developed an unhealthy appreciation for Disney movies and bad pop music. She adores fairy tales and ballet, drinks too much coffee, and watches absolutely rubbish TV shows. When she's not busy writing YA fantasy novels, she can be found exploring the California coastline.
Her debut YA epic fantasy novel, THRONE OF GLASS, will be published by Bloomsbury on August 7th, 2012.







This book TOTALLY rocked my face!!!! I mean OMG!!! The first in the series, Throne of Glass was just the beginning. It was just a stepping stone to the amazing, fantastic, AWESOME book that is called Crown of Midnight. I mean WOW!


I am not really sure where to start!! I will say that Calaena may be one of my favorite characters in a book series ever. Ok I have to say it….I LOVE THAT SHE IS FEMALE AND KICKS ASS!!!! I also love when she competes against big strong men that think they can just overtake her and then they end up begging for their life. Yeah I can’t help it…That’s awesome. She has so much intensity in her and is so protective of the ones she loves. That may be the quality that is most attractive about her. She loves fiercely and to the point of uncontrollable.

“She was Adarlan’s Assassin—she was Calaena Sardothien. She would not fail. The Gods owed her.”

The picks up as Calaena is beginning her role as the King’s Champion, also known as the new royal assassin. The king has sent her on several missions to kill people that he believes are against him. Calaena pretends to perform these duties while trying to gain information against the king.

Princess Nehemia is also a pivotal character in this book and her relationship with Calaena is so strong and unbreakable. Nehemia also begins to find herself becoming closer to Prince Dorian. Their relationship begins to take on a different meaning and was very unexpected for me yet I found myself rooting for them.

The relationship with Chaol and Calaena is just relentlessly beautiful. I love their characters together and Sarah Maas writes their engagements together in such a way that I find myself smiling and feeling exactly what they are both feeling. I re-read several paragraphs just because it was so breathtaking. Their love is the definition of true love.

I wish that I could talk more and more about this book but there are so many surprises and some are incredible monumental moments and some are completely heart-breaking. They are what made this book so incredible for me. A few of them I never saw coming and actually had to stop reading and just stare at the book for a while. Yes it was that surprising to me. This is truly one of my most favorite series yet and I am literally DYING to get my hands on the conclusion.

I do hope that Sarah Maas has many more plans for future books because I will read ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that she writes. Her imagination and world building are incredible. Her books have the perfect mix of intensity, mystery, romance, and suspense that make for a 5 star book. 



No comments:

Post a Comment