Monday, October 22, 2012

Review:Shadow and Bone (Leigh Bardugo)




Surrounded by enemies, the once-great nation of Ravka has been torn in two by the Shadow Fold, a swath of near impenetrable darkness crawling with monsters who feast on human flesh. Now its fate may rest on the shoulders of one lonely refugee.
Alina Starkov has never been good at anything. But when her regiment is attacked on the Fold and her best friend is brutally injured, Alina reveals a dormant power that saves his life—a power that could be the key to setting her war-ravaged country free. Wrenched from everything she knows, Alina is whisked away to the royal court to be trained as a member of the Grisha, the magical elite led by the mysterious Darkling.
Yet nothing in this lavish world is what it seems. With darkness looming and an entire kingdom depending on her untamed power, Alina will have to confront the secrets of the Grisha…and the secrets of her heart...








WoW...What can I say? This book deserves 5+ stars!!! I am completely and utterly obsessed with this book and the characters. It has everything from a budding romance to an action packed adventure. I love the Fantasy aspect of the story as well. I absolutely loved the characters. Alina is just fascinating, spunky, and strong. The Darkling is creepy, handsome, and secretive. Mal is just MAL! LOVED LOVED LOVED him!!! The world that Leigh Bardugo has created is so fascinating. The "dark" side of the plot also keeps you hooked. I turned pages wellllll into the night with this story. I definitely recommend for anyone who enjoys young adult and suspense story's. 

Some of my favorite quotes:
“I'm sorry it took me so long to see you, Alina. But I see you now.”

“I missed you every hour. And you know what the worst part was? It caught me completely by surprise. I'd catch myself just walking around to find you, not for any reason, just out of habit, because I'd seen something that I wanted to tell you about or because I wanted to hear your voice. And then I'd realize that you weren't there anymore, and every time, every single time, it was like having the wind knocked out of me. I've risked my life for you. I've walked half the length of Ravka for you, and I'd do it again and again and again just to be with you, just to starve with you and freeze with you and hear you complain about hard cheese every day. So don't tell me why we don't belong together," he said fiercely.”

Alot of reviewers will give you a breakdown of the book but I feel as though that takes away from the experience. I will give you my opinion of how I perceived the book and then you should read the book for yourself so that you enjoy every second, every secret, every lie......enjoy..





No comments:

Post a Comment