Thursday, May 9, 2013

Guest Review: The Elite (Kiera Cass)


The Elite (The Selection, #2)The hotly-anticipated sequel to the New York Timesbestseller The Selection.Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.

Hardcover, 323 pages

Published April 23rd 2013 by Harper Teen
Purchased For Review





Kiera Cass
Being married. Cake. The smell of Autumn. Motherhood. Books. Elephants. Back rubs. On demand movies. Actually going out to movies. Faith. Cinnamon rolls. My family. Butterflies. When my kitchen is clean. Crayons. Pink. Tote bags. Dancing. Organizing via color coordination. That my wedding dress was tea length, not floor. Baking. My house. Writing utensils. Paper. India. The sound of water. Making videos. Buttons. The word Episcopalian. Making people laugh. Layering clothes. British accents. Pinterest. Animation. Fireworks. The smell of the Ocean. My wedding rings. Aprons. Reasons to get dressed up. Sex. Pop music. Stars. Taking walks. Daydreaming. Stickers. School Spirit. My friends. Living in a small town. Japan. Singing. Painting my toenails. Pranks/ practical jokes. Painting. Stretch canvas. Costumes. Dipping my fingers in melted wax. Style. Soda. Spending an hour typing at a coffee shop. Musicals. Back to school season. Mopeds. Good hair days. Naps. Not walking up but looking at a beautiful staircase. Driving alone. My ankles. Playlists. Spending entire days in pajamas. Holidays. Telling stories. Spontaneity. Theme parks. Bookshelves. The word copacetic. Boxes. Empty journals. Surprises. Doing things in groups. Doing things alone. Getting real mail. Decorating. Small forks. A good hug. Gift cards. New Years Goals. Going out to dinner. When someone else remembers some great story about me/us that I’ve forgotten. Toy stores. Fireplaces. Breakfast foods. Journaling. Crying for a good reason. Doorbells. Pointless adventures. Voting. My birthday. Reasons to make wishes. Recycling.


(Some spoilers if you have not read The Selection)

LOVE this series!!!! Can not get enough!



 I think I liked The Elite more than the first book The Selection. The Elite is full of action, passion and romance. At the end of the first book the reader was left knowing that Prince Maxon had narrowed the selection down to the top six girls, the elite!

 From the very first page the reader is lost again in the world behind the palace doors! While reading this book I found myself loving and hating America for her choices. I so badly want her to be the princess and help Maxon change the country that they live in. My heart was hurting when Marley, America's best friend in the selection, found herself caught and her secret became public. I found my heart beating fast when it was time for America to give her presentation during the report, I was so nervous for her! 

 I am still torn between team Aspen and team Maxon. By the end of this book I was still pulling for Maxon! I am anxiously waiting to read The One next!
 I give this book 5 plus stars!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment