Friday, April 19, 2013

Review: Delilah Dusticle (A.J. York)


Delilah DusticleDelilah Dusticle has special powers, she can completely eradicate dust. With her quiver pouch of special dusters Delilah can run up walls and reaches places others just can’t. As a maid in the Fenchurch-Whittington house Delilah’s unusual skills soon lead to her being promoted to Chief Dust Eradicator and Remover. Until one day a broken heart leads to her powers taking an expected turn.
This is the first in a series of touching and funny stories about Delilah Dusticle. Follow her on a journey of self-discovery, friendship and adventure.









Kindle Edition
Published March 3rd 2013 by A. J. York
ARC Provided by Author for an Honest Review



I grew up in the UK, but was born in Gothenburg, Sweden. My childhood influences were a mix of Pippi Longstocking and The Flumps. I have always enjoyed making up characters and their life stories, therefore I jumped at the chance to study theatre at the Univeristy of Brighton. I later trained as a drama teacher and I have a Masters degree from Goldsmiths. I have gone back to my roots and I now live in Gothenburg, where I am writing the Delilah Dusticle series. People have told me they love reading my stories and I hope you have fun reading them too!


Contact A.J. York







This book is adorable! It was a short, sweet read. I loved the main character, Delilah Dusticle. She is so humorous and her character is so strong. This story is all about facing difficult situations and overcoming all odds. I also loved how the author wrote such cute, humorous story. Even the names were funny.

Delilah Dusticle and her main job was to be the "duster" for a rich family. Her whole life was her job until she met Charlie, the son of her rich employer, and she immediately fell in love. Yet things did not work out for her. Charlie brings home a fiancee after a business trip and that begins the emotional downfall of poor Delilah. Years later Delilah meets his wife Abi and his son Charles in a park and they immediately become friends. I loved how she and Abi became close friends and she was able to revive her life and be cheerful and happy again. 

This book proves that happiness is all around you and that you just have to try and you will find it. I would definitely recommend this cute story if you just need a little spark of happiness in your life.



No comments:

Post a Comment